7 Common Questions about Teeth Whitening
White teeth are one of the significant contributors to a perfect smile. No matter how well your teeth are aligned, your smile will not be admirable if your teeth are full of stains. Unfortunately brushing your teeth every day may not be enough to keep your teeth white. That’s where Teeth Whitening comes in.
This subject has increased in popularity in recent years. However, there are still some people who are not sure if they should give it a try or not. In this article, we will answer as many questions as possible.
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
This is probably the most asked question on this subject. A lot of people fear that the whole process is not safe, but you have nothing to worry about. The entire process is very secure. Our clinic uses only clinically proven methods such as Zoom Whitening and hydrogen peroxide. You can be sure that no harm will come to your teeth or gums.
Does Teeth Whitening has Potential Side Effects?
Well, everything that has a good side probably has a bad side too. Almost everything in the world has some side effects. Luckily, side effects of Teeth Whitening are mild, and they are only during the early stages.
One of the side effects is tooth sensitivity. During the early stages of the treatment, your teeth will feel more sensitive to hot and cold things. The sensitivity will be gone in about three days. If it goes for more than 3 days, talk to your dentist.
Another common side effect is tissue irritation. The irritation is usually as a result bleaching agent used during the process. The irritation should disappear in about three days.
You can try to eliminate tooth sensitivity from home by:
- Using a toothpaste specifically made for sensitive teeth. Your dentist can recommend these kinds of toothpaste.
- Stop the process for a day or two so that your teeth can adjust.
- Use a product that contains fluoride before using the whitening product. Ask your dentist for the best product.
- Instead of wearing the tray for an hour or so wear it for 30 minutes.
Does Insurance Cover Teeth Whitening?
Teeth Whitening is considered cosmetic, so insurance does not cover the costs. You don’t need to worry, though because the process is very affordable.
How long do the Effects Last?
You need to keep it in mind that the process is not permanent. You don’t visit the dentist once, and suddenly you have white teeth for the rest of your life. You still need to take proper care of your teeth. By proper care we mean, brush your teeth at least twice a day, avoid staining foods and drinks, and avoid smoking. After a year or so, visit your dentist for a touch-up.
Does Zoom Teeth Whitening Process Damage a Tooth’s Nerve?
No evidence shows that the teeth whitening process is harmful to one’s nerve.
How Can You Maintain Your White Teeth?
If you want to maintain the bright smile for a more extended period ensure to follow the following tips
- Avoid drinks and foods known to cause stains. Beverages such as coffee, soda, red wine, and curries can cause stains in your teeth. If you have to use these drinks, ensure to use a straw.
- Stop smoking. If you are a smoker, do yourself a favor and quit smoking. Tobacco is well-known for causing stains. The more you smoke the more stains you get. Quit smoking and help your teeth as well as your overall health.
- Visit your dentist regularly for a checkup. A professional will help remove any plaques that your dental floss couldn’t. This way, your smile will continue being bright.
After How Long Should I visit My Dentist for Touch-up?
Teeth Whitening is not permanent, and from time to time, it needs to be touched up. If you continue drinking staining beverages plus continue smoking, you might need a touch up after one or two months. But if you stay away from them, a touch-up will only be necessary only after a year or so.
Zoom Teeth Whitening in Mississauga
If you are looking for a competent dentist near Britannia, Mississauga, Dr Jeff Levman is the right choice. In his clinic, you will receive services of the highest quality. By the time you are leaving, you will be satisfied. Contact the clinic now and get help.